2 Bedroom House with Patio and Sea Views
The property has been totally renovated with a great deal of care and attention, transforming a traditional older property in to a purpose-designed, tasteful and functional holiday home.
The property is a semi-detached dwelling with one floor ideally situated in a quiet, tranquil lane away from traffic on the north western edge of the village of Salir do Porto and close to the beautiful bay of São Martinho do Porto.
This part of the Silver Coast is a very popular holiday destination, within easy reach of Lisbon airport.
The property consists of:
- Two bedrooms, one with a built-in wardrobe while the second bedroom has a dedicated wardrobe to the side of the bathroom.
- The bathroom is of good size having a glass-paneled shower cubicle, a wall mounted wash basin cabinet with mirror over, a bidet and sanitary unit.
- A combined living room and kitchen area, with space for a small dining table and chairs. The kitchen is fully fitted with an encased fridge/freezer and dish washer, a single basin sink, an electric ventilated oven, an electric hob with a sliding extractor hood set in a wall unit above the hob.
- Adjacent to the kitchen is a small utility area, designed to accommodate a washing machine and clothes drier. This space also holds a wall-mounted electric water heater providing ample volume of hot water to the kitchen and bathroom. Additional space exists for the storage of cleaning equipment, ironing board, etc.. A sliding door isolates this area.
- The living room and bedrooms all have wall sockets for TV and phone as well as large double-glazed windows that provide a bright and light-filled interior.
- A courtyard to one side of the house accommodates a parking space for a hatchback car with lockable sliding steel gates and a brick built BBQ.
- All meters, a post box and doorbell are located at the front of the house to the left of the main gate.
- A tiled terrace runs along the Southern and Eastern sides of the house.
The modernization is designed to minimize maintenance, thereby offering greater carefree living. Every internal and external element has been replaced, rendering the house to the same standard of a new build property.
The end product is ideally suited to an investor interested in generating significant revenue from holiday rentals, which in this region covers four months of the summer season, from June to September.
Electricity, water and drainage services are registered with the relevant municipal and local council departments in Caldas da Rainha.
Total property area: 101m2.
Total covered area: 62m2.
About the location:
The village of Salir do Porto has a mini-market, public swimming pool, four restaurants, four bars/cafés, an ATM cash dispenser and the beach, all within a short walking distance from the property.
São Martinho do Porto can be reached within a 12 minute walk along a boardwalk bordering the margin of the bay and provides an abundance of restaurants, bars, cafés and shops.
The bay has a fine sandy beach, sheltered from the elements. The shallow water is safe for children to swim in and perfect for windsurfing, canoeing, sailing and paddle boarding. The beach is a two minute away by foot from the house.
Surroundings & related distances:
- Lisbon airport: 98 km/60,8 miles. Approx. an hours drive South on the A8 motorway for 96% of the journey.
- Golf courses: ±25 km/15,5 miles : Three renowned course in the region are; Royal Obidos, Bom Sucesso and Praia Del Rey.
- São Martinho do Porto: 2 km/1,2 miles : For a varied selection of restaurants, bars and cafés as well as a protected sheltered and shallow bay for swimming and sunbathing.
- Nazaré: 11 km/6,8 miles : Now a famous site for big wave surfing, after Garrett McNamara put Nazaré on the map for a world record 30m (100 ft) high wave.
- Alcobaça: 19 km/11,8 miles : An attractive town boasting the beautiful Gothic monastery founded in 1153 by the first king of Portugal, Alfonso Henriques. Now classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
- Caldas da Rainha: 12 km/7,5 miles : A market town with commercial & industrial centres and a large choice of shops.
Amenities & Facilities in the area: